Sunday 8 November 2009

Life and weather

Life is different in HCMC. There were floods here the last few days even though there was no rain. Strange phenomenon to a SIngaporean - but I've got used to it by now but no less frustrated. The tides were exceptionally high and broke the banks. Coupled with the backward drainage system of the city, many streets (and homes) flooded. Had to divert from my usual route to school yesterday (if I'm not to get my shoes and trousers wet) but unfortunately ran into an exceptionally dusty highway - still can't figure out why it was so dusty on Sat. As if that's not enough, there came a sudden 10-minute downpour at noon ... on a sunny afternoon ... just when I was all packed and ready to go home. That's life here.














Today's weather was hot and humid, no rain to cool down. But it can come anytime. There's a lovely sunset today, though ... will never have such views back home in Singapore - I appreciate that here.













... half an hour later











No comments: