Tuesday 3 June 2008

Project Old Saigon

In order to make better use of my free time, I have started a Project Old Saigon - comparing places of interest in HCMC with what it used to be in the past; sort of the "then & now" skills that we learn in history. From the old postcard photos, I've gone on Phase I and taken present-day pix to make the photos as similar as possible, trying to take them from the same angle as in the postcards for a clearer "compare & contrast".

I've also done some simple research on the history of these places to make them more relevant for visitors and friends. But it isn't quite that simple as some of the historical records are quite difficult to find and I have to gather from several sources, like in the case of the Notre Dame Cathedral.

Not just who (that I know) but what was the background of the architect who designed the Notre Dame? Why were there two statues? When was the clock installed? When were the two spires added? Lots of questions with very little enlightenment.
























































































































































































































No comments: