Sunday 1 February 2009

CNY 2009

Just came back after a week in SG to celebrate CNY. It's been a long time since I was home - a good 10 months. It was good to be back but I felt more like a tourist. Such irony - ooing and ahing in Orchard Road etc. Things are so expensive back home. Only bought stuff for the school. But it's good to eat genuine SG food again. That's something I miss loads.

Thanks to my sister, I'm now able to compare how we've aged over the years...

CNY Pix with Mum & Dad, Sis & Simon, Joyce and me






























Sis was kind enough to pass me the pix she had since 2005. Bless her!










































































Having been away for a while, one thing that struck me is that Singaporeans have it good and take too many things for granted. I was wandering around my neighbourhood to check out the HDB playgrounds (may need to build one over here) - and there were so many around, and they are beautiful! And there are many exercise corners for the elderly now. Now, to find a playground remotely resembling those in HDB estates is like searching for a needle in a haystack. So my countrymen, open your eyes and appreciate what we have.

1 comment:

Shobha Chandrel said...

Hey Motivator, I hope you had a prosperous Lunar New Year! I must agree that we do take lots of things for granted. Looking at the rest of Asia, I am indeed starting to treasure my red passport a little more ;)