Saturday 19 March 2011

Vungtau Tourist

Finally found a travel company doing daily tours to Vung Tau. Even Sinh Tourist doesn't do Vung Tau tours.

Address : Vungtau Tourist, 275F, Pham Ngu Lao, District 1

Normally, I have to hire a mini-bus or take the hydrofoil to Vung Tau. I heard that there's a local bus route between Vung Tau and HCMC (naturally!) at one of the local bus stations but knowing the local bus standard, I'd rather keep away.

Here are the details :
As of today, cost is 399,000vnd (US$19) per person. The bus brings you from HCMC to Vung Tau and drops you at their 2-star hotel along Back Beach. Lunch is included in the price. You even get free use of the chair and umbrella at the beach!! (For info, you need to pay for these when you go to the beach). Picks you up at the end of the day back to HCMC. If you stay a night, the price is double (US$38) but you get accommodation at the 2-star hotel which they claimed is by the beach.

Disclaimer : I don't know what kind of bus they provide until I try it out. I also don't know the standard of the hotel. The company also deals with other tours but it seems to be a rather small company from the looks of it, so service might not be up to standard.

The small office with one staff














The exterior














Note : It shares office with Mekong Express Bus Service; the latter providing bus services between HCMC and Cambodia.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Thanks for your post. It will be helpful for my visit to HCMC this July 2011. I like to ask you for some advice about daily tours from HCMC to Cuchi, Mytho and vicinity. Just 2 of us and we like to join group tours that operate daily to such places. Can you recommend? Also what about the estimated prices per person? Appreciate your help. VL

Ben said...

My family and friends (and me too) always go with Sinh Tourist - good and cheap. Here's the website - http://www.sinhcafevn.com/ - but I think you should go there and book yourself when you're in HCMC. I have this feeling the online price is higher than the ones they offer at their office in De Tham Street, Dist 1. Have a look at this too : http://hcmc.pbworks.com

Have a good trip.

Animal Hospital Brampton said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hi, do you have the exact location of the ferry terminal in HCM?