Sunday 27 April 2008

Honda Fuma


Unpacking the Honda Fuma - it comes fully assembled.

Vy Anh on my Honda Fuma
Today I bought the first motorcycle of my life - and I don't even have a license... neither have I ridden a motor-bike on my own before! Now's time to learn to ride a bike in crazy outta-this-world Vietnamese traffic. It was between a Honda SCR110 or a Honda Fuma - the latter had a free box, 2 free helmets and protective bars around - it's also 125cc and looks better. So I bought it - at 32,500,000VND (about S$2,700 at today's exchange rate). The insurance for one year is ... 60,000VND (S$5) ... dun laugh. I'll probably get my hospital bed paid for under this insurance and share my medicine with a hundred others in one room. Maybe might even have to share bed. Vy Anh's bringing my bike home for safe-keeping till I can get it registered in about a week's time.

No comments: